Thursday, August 05, 2004

I do not like green acres theme song. So I'll turn the volume off.

Happy note: I just saw a beaver cross the road on my way back to campus from Nick's Italian Restaurant! I swear to G-d it was a beaver. He was so fat and cute. Can it be? Why was he crossing the road?

I thought I saw a beaver at the Washington Park, but it turned out it was some other wet rodent, larger than a rat but smaller than the Wily Beaver I saw cross the road between LLCC and UIS. Now that Washington Park has that land reclamation project going, more animals have places to live and hide, especially in the tall weeds and grass by the pond.

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...