Saturday, October 12, 2002

I don't remember chris peopl, and I don't think I'm going to remember matt hale either until the next time someone mentions his name. Racism is a drag. (peopl (e) was really white with blond hair - right?)

I remember in Ms. (Mrs.) Webbs sociology class we spilt the class in two sections. Those who would be killed by the Nazis, and those who survive the genocide. Of the 30 or so people in the class, I was one of the blond-haired blue-eyed survivors (I didn't tell them I was Catholic.)

Once again I think I might be spilt on the issue with Mr. K. on how to deal with a person like Matt Hale. I think it would be intersting to see a Matt Hale speech where everyone that disagreed with hale didn't attend the event, and the remaining 15 or so in attendance just stood around waiting for the oppisition to show up.

As far as Bill Bennet goes, most 17-year-old students couldn't differntiate between a quote made from Shakespeare, Jefferson, or Jesus. Of those three, I think it's most important that students find and appreciate a muse of their own that pertains to their own life. Richard Brautigan helped me make it through high school, and as I get older I've turned to other writers to help me make sense of, and appreciate life.

Currently I've stopped reading, and have turned to Cable. The Gilmore Girls on the WB is my "muse" of late. I think I can call it a muse becaue it is amost 100% dialogue driven.

I'm also picking up Gogol again. Gogol does more for me then Shakespeare. And he's easier to read. The Russians are like the Boston Red Sox of the baseball world. They always lose to the Yanks. Bill Buckner is your classic Ruskie. What a loser.

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...