Tuesday, October 15, 2002

The Cardinal's were great this year. This season will be one of my own personable "MCI, Sprint, Mastercard, Visa Mememorable moments in baseball."

My own "memorable moment" came in 88, watching an 8" TV screen in the kitchen (only because Mom was watching Murder Mystery Channel in the TV room), and I watched Jack Buck call Gibson limp to the plate and then jack one, in game one against the Mets to win the game. I also remember the 87 NlCS best, Cards against the Giants, listening with the radio on its lowest setting to my ear so that I wouldn't wake up my jerk little brother Cubs fan sleeping 8 feet from me. That's how it way the entire year, and that's how I will always remember basebsall. I also remember about baseball my step-dad only took me to one Cubs game growing up (his favorite team), but I got to see a great many more Cardinal games. If my son grows up to be a Cub fan, I will try to do the same for him.

Some people get depressed after Christmas, I get depressed after the baseball season's over. For me, the baseball season ended last night. I would have loved to see Matt Morris win that game. He's a good guy in a game full of smoke-asses (ie; Kenny Loften, Barry Bonds.)

Did anyone else catch the post-game quote from Bonds after he congradulated his team for carrying him through the series, and he said, "Now it's time for me ...sic...the team to win the World Series." Barry Bonds is the RoboCop of Major League Baseball. Who else wears more armor?

And More: We lost Monica from the league of Beavers. We appreciate your contributions to the blog, and hope you can contribute in the future. Once a beaver - always a beaver. Good Luck with all your endeavors in the future, and remember the beavers will always be there for you in the future.

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...