Monday, August 12, 2002

Kevin and I were on our way to Barnes and Nobles to get some frappies this morning, and he asked me if I wanted to go to Toys R Us. (Or to Kids R Us to buy some shirts. That made me laugh.) I said I used to like going to Toys R Us when I was a kid, but now I like going to Shnucks. Grocery Stores give me the same feeling of woderment that toy stores did when I was younger.

When your in college and you don't have a lot of money, going to the grocery strore is a big deal. Sometimes I won't even buy anything, I'll just look at all they toys - I mean food. And all the other stuff - shavers, lotion, drugs, beer, and my favorite lotions. I love looking at all the different kinds of lotions. There's a ton. I mean so many different kinds. It's America baby, and I'm in love with it. All the different lotions represent choice, which is what America, in my book, is all about. I have a problem making choices is my life. It's not that I'm stupid, it's just that when you live in America you really can't make a bad choice. Can you? Everything will work itself out in the end. In the history of societies, this is the closest we've come to a utopia. No matter how bad you screw up you life, you can still turn it around and make good in the end. Look at the president. A lifetime of drugs and failure, and now he's the President. That is so cool. I'm like President Bush, I still don't know what I want to do with my life. Someday I might become president. I don't know. I'm graduating next semester with a degree in journalism, not to shabby considering I don't like writing facts. Or interviewing people.

Sometimes I get the feeling that St. Ives can save the world. Their products are so good, I get the feeling reading the back label that the "ingredients" of their products might just contain the secrets to save man. I identify with the name St. Ives. It sounds almost holy to me.

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...