Monday, August 05, 2002

The Blog Nation: What are you wimps trying to prove?

This is an open statement to everyone who operates a blog. I've got problems with you people.

The whole idea behind a blog is to put your ideas on the web. You know, show how stupid you are. There's nothing wrong with being stupid. Almost everybody is stupid. Now we have a place where we can prove it. However, there is a catch: the option to edit.

I could rant and rave about President Bush being a boob. I could go on, let me tell you. I don't like the man. Fuck it - I hate him. I could spend the next 12 hours hating the man, and put all my thoughts down on this blog. All the while not making a damn bit of sense, and coming across as incoherant sociopath.

My point is that the President and I are both stupid. He has a hard time pronouncing some words - so do I. He says stupid things at innappropriate times - story of my life. The prezz can't take it back though.

Last night I got drunk. I told a friend of mine that I thought he was a cocky basterd and that 99% of the population doesn't like him. Then I told him how I always wanted to push down a flight of stairs. If my friend ever falls down a flight of stairs and dies, the first thing I'm going to do is erase what I just wrote. Vanish. It will have never been written.

Anyway, why am I so worked up about this? Is it because the Gentlemen from Springfield called me a Stalinest? I can edit out whatever that Gentlemen puts on this blog. Anytime throughout this blog there is a reference to me being a Stalinest, I can edit to read that I am a gorgeous bitch.

When I'm finished writing here and choose the option to "Post and Publish," am I actually publishing anything, per se? I have to say no, this is not a publication. Whatever I write is empty. I can't get sued for any libelous claim I make on this site. What's the point? If you can't get sued for saying something, why have "the guts" to say it in the first place? Blogs just seem like a place that wimps can go to talk shit about people.

The same can be said for message boards, chat rooms and any other form of communicaton that takes place over the web.

My time has expired here. Godspeed You Black Emperors!


"applause"

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...