Thursday, September 23, 2004

Camping was fun. I'm all itchy. I'm happy to be safe and alone in my cubicle instead of listening to the squirrels of Nature throw nuts at each other all morning and jump from tree to tree. Between the squirrels, whistling birds, rifle shots from hunters, trucks driving by, rabbits humping, and the flocks of geese honking as they flew over our tent, I was struck by how choatic Nature is.

It reminded me of Mark's Random Number idea: by pulling variables from the natural chaotic environment, he could construct a truly random number generator.

Thanks for the equipment, Monica and Josh. It will be returned to you shortly. I even included a daddy long-legs spider when we packed up the tent.

You would have been proud, Margaret. It was F-Troop at its finest.

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...