Monday, July 12, 2004

This sounds like fun. Anyone want to go to NYC for the Republican National Convention this August?

"The Green Party is working with a few other groups to organize a
peace rally during the republican convention of this year. There will
be workshops and conferences throughout the week preceeding and I am
expecting a whole slew of awesome events. It should be an amazing
event with Greens from all over the country. It's the perfect thing
to energize our local group and connect with other groups nationwide.
I believe most of you are familiar with our trip to DC in 2002. I
expect this event to be even more fufilling in the sense that we can
actually organize directly with other greens and also in the
particulary pertinent time its being held, during the reign of
bushanites and neocons.

The unfortunate thing is that the protest is going to be during the
last part of august, which doesn't leave us with much time to
organize while on campus. I am going to do my part to organize during
the summer, so that we can hit the ground running at the start of
school. I am waiting on more details, which I will relay to all of
you when I get them, but I would like to and will need to include
everyone in the preparations for this campaign. We are going to need
to have a pretty well-thought-out plan of efforts if we hope to
organize a group to get out there. I do know that there's a good
chance we can hitch a ride with greens in chicago if we can't garner
enough financial and otherwise support to provide our own
transportation. We do need to raise money for room and board,
however, I am assuming. The most important thing is getting the word
out so we can get as many students as possible to head out there."

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...