Friday, August 29, 2003

The Cult of Bianca

"The psychopath is often charming, bright, very persuasive," explains Louis West, a professor of psychiatry at the University of California at Los Angeles medical school. "He quickly wins people's trust and is uncannily adept at manipulating and conning people."

"The problem with cults is that with finding purpose can come financial, emotional, and sometimes physical abuse, says Rick Ross, who since 1982 has been actively involved in consulting on Bible-based cults."

This is my new theory. I joined a cult, complete with a moralistic, charismatic leader. The Cult of Bianca. I worshipped at the temple. Cults have several strategies they use to control their members. Confusing the role of sex, knowing what victims are susceptible, separating members from their friends and family,

Confusing the role of sex
You know how David Koresh had all those sexual concubines at the Waco compound? Well, I think Bianca uses sex in much the same way. She said to me once, "When was the last time you wanted to fuck me? Really fuck me?" I was stunned. We had phenomenal sex. I think she wanted me to NEED it. She wanted to use it as a weapon. A carrot and a stick.

knowing what victims are susceptible
Cult leaders also choose carefully their victims, especially those easily persuaded and those with low self-esteem. Why do you think she chose indie boys, or the shy, quiet dejected types? Because they are likely to feel isolated and part of a special sub group. Malleable.

"People from all walks of life, socioeconomic classes and levels of intelligence may be targeted by cults, Ross says. "When someone is feeling lonely or isolated, they become vulnerable."

I was easily seduced, and loved to hear the compliments, the charm, and feel the love. Alex Shryock is her star pupil though. I was always jeolous of their camaraderie.

Another good trick she pulled was persuasion. I had occasionally thought that she was self-centered and egotistical, yet she somehow convinced me that I was the self-absorbed, unsympathic one. I'm still smarting over that.

Separating members from their friends and family
"They promote a kind of 'scorched Earth' policy to separate these people from their former lives," Ross said.
She never seemed comfortable around my friends or family. She herself did not seem to have many, and I think she wanted the same for me.


In the end, I was not worthy. I was always too rebelious and free.
I survived.


I could go on and on with this analogy, because I think it is rich and has some truth. I have a million more details and anacdotes, but I'll spare you all for now.

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...