Sunday, May 18, 2003

Boo, Al Sharpton. He's a spoiler for the Republican Party, being used to siphon off votes from any viable Democrats. Frankly, no Democrat is really qualified to clean up the devastation created by Bush the past few years.

Do you think Bush will win all 50 states in '04?

You know, I like the actor Jim Carrey a lot, but I get the impression that he struggles with megalomania. And when he says things like, 'Hey, I had the sickest mom when I was a kid, and that's basically how comedians are born. You have to make [people] laugh. You have to make them feel better,' I know my hunch is right (Almighty, then! Carrey laughs again). Plus, the public breakups with actresses like Renee Zelwiger have been pretty ugly. She refuses to even talk about it.

What's up with Yankee fans booing Matsui for dropping a couple of balls? The Japanese media has near 100 reporters hounding their new star Hideki, giving the Seattle Mariners Ichiro Suzuki a bit of a breather. (Steady Suzuki settles into stardom as Japanese media turn attention to Matsui)

I was wondering what kind of movies the Japanese make. I don't see a lot of foreign films. I know India has it's own version of Hollywood, called Bollywood, which churns out more movies than anywhere in the world (mostly musicals), but what is the Japanese Hollywood like? I do still want to see Kurosawa's 1956 masterpiece Seven Samurai and the more recent, Miyazaki's Sprited Away.

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...