Monday, January 13, 2003

This is a great video by the Faint called 'Agenda Suicide'. It reminds me of a combination of a Radiohead video and the Sims video game. You would think these guys are from Manchester in the 80's, but they are actually from Omaha, Nebraska (with the likes of Bright Eyes and Cursive) of the 00's. Their sound is much poppier than this video suggests. It happens to be a dark video (which is why I like it), and I'm told most of their songs are about sex and death. But i listened to a cd a friend gave me over the summer and all the Faint songs are sugary and sweet.

On another Bright Eyes note, Sarah from the Acryllic Afternoon Friday radio show on WQNA loves to play Bright Eyes. Every freakin' week I tune in I hear it. She has a sense of humor though. Afterwords she'll give out the Suicide Hotline number.

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...