Wednesday, November 27, 2002

Today is the last day of my 25th year, and I'm so grateful. What an incredible year it has been!
Last year at this time I began suffering with a painful nerve disorder, which took me a full six months out of work. I'm still recovering, but that is the point. I am recovering. Chiropractic care works. It gets better every day, but there are days where the pain is still very noticable. I have had to adjust, and reschedule around this new deficiancy in my body. I have also learned a lot about the fantastic human machine (I had no idea how thoroughly the nervous system controls muscle contraction, pain reception, heat and cold detection, internal organ stimulation, etc.)

It has been a busy (read: beaver) work year, I've been chugging right along through school, and have had 3 jobs, all successful. (I had to quit DHS/ORS around January last year because I could not touch a keyboard or pick up a pen without excruciating pain.)

I have learned alot about global politics and how the world is run on the large scale, which is quite fascinating stuff. I have always appreciated the Big Picture. i did get overwhelmed for awhile with the frightening, seemingly immutable size of it all. I'm centering myself daily.

i have learned how much the little things matter, and how they affect the big things in a million significant ways.

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...