Friday, November 15, 2002

Now that I got that off my chest, how was everyone's week? Very busy here. Two jobs and school. Being involved in Campus Greens is a joy as well. What a great bunch of friends I have made, both at UIS and in Springfield.

I called Louis Rumpf this evening, or Uncle Lou as we call him. I am named after him. My sister is named after his wife, our grandmother's sister, Julie. Julie has since passed away and now Lou is having lung problems after a lifetime of smoking and working in the restaurant/bar industry. He is still an amazingly vibrant man. He reminded me of Kojak when I met him in Auburn, New York, where many of the Komanecky's have lived and died. It is difficult to communicate with relatives who and not good at communicating. I will find a way to establish a better relationship with my family, but it is not going to be easy.

Mike, I am planning on coming to Bloomington Wednesday afternoon. Plan on hanging out if you are free.

Joe, what is going on at work or home lately? You are our state insider, you know. Spill the secrets. I am told to expect changes and an influx of Democrats in Springfield.

Matt, what the fuck?

Monica, how's the love life? What about your family or your work? Which Maher is getting married or is pregnent this month? Do you even have time in your busy life to think?

Steve, what up dude?

Angus, are you still there?

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...