Monday, October 07, 2002

You are probably a better journalist than you give yourself credit for. Hell, I posed as a journalist during the march, and I got some well documented footage. And I was a protestor.

There can be no sitting on the sidelines watching the world, and then reporting it "fairly." Journalist get shot at. Reporters see people's heads explode. The problem is that most journalists write soley to get in print, rather than to tell their "observations". Journalists write for their boss's paper, and they put the slant toward their boss's favor. Bias in journalism? Always. Even journalists who don't have a permanent boss.

I would like to respond to your post point by point, but it is more conveniant right now to push my own agenda.

I really hate getting caught up in the "us against them" mentality. I admit, It has been influencing my thoughts and behaviors. But when one takes a position on an issue, defending it requires punching holes in the other sides arguements.

And we do not have to begin every blog post with an argument over a slogan on a bumper sticker.

I'm thinking I want to dress up as Napolean for Halloween. I'm short, and I could pretend I have a God complex. But I really want to see Mike Mann as Abraham Lincoln. Think about it. Mike is honest and affable, and gives off an aura of benevolence and wisdom. He is tall, skinny, and has a high pitched squeaky voice like Lincoln is said to have had. The only thing missing is the warts.

Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...