Sunday, October 20, 2002

"Now and then admirers of my good works write to me, and try to convert me into believing things that I say. He would have to be an eloquent admirer, who could persuade me into thinking that our present expression is not a least a little fanciful; but just the same I have labored to support it. I labor like workers in a beehive, to support a lot of vagabond notions."(p.641)

"If there has never been, finally, a natural explanation of anything, everything is, naturally enough, the supernatural."(p.655)

"In the oneness of allness, I am, in some degree or aspect, guilty of, or infected with, or suffering from, everything that I attack."(p.828)

"To this day it has not been decided whether I am a humorist or a scientist."

Charles Fort, The Complete Books of Charles Fort

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...