Tuesday, August 13, 2002

The Original Beaver

I remember a couple of years back reading a interesting little tale about a beaver, which written by our own Mr. Joe Natale. I'm betting the story is probably hopelessly lost on floppy disc somewhere is the vast clutter of his third story attic.

It's sad, but also romantic to think that there are still lost stories out there. It's like that in the music world. Someone makes a record that only 15 people hear. Those 15 people get so excited after hearing the record that they decide to make music of their own. Twenty years down the road you find a great many people who were influenced by a record that they never heard, and nobody can find.

I like to think that the this group of Wily Beavers were somehow influenced by that tale of the beaver that Mr. Natale wrote so many years ago. I don't know whether it be the style of writing, the objectives of writers, or the sense of humor that goes into the writings, but I do feel many componants of this blog can be originally contributed to, or influeced by the "Old Man Beaver," aka - Mr. Joe Natale.

I'd like to ask if Old Man Beaver could get to work on little poem or limerick about the Beaver. That would be a great addition to this blog, and I'm sure the owner of this blog (Mr. Komanecky) would pay handsomely.

I would also like to think Matt K. for sitting through the President's Economic forum and offering such great insight. And while I am being nice, I would also like to comment on Mr K's use of diction in his blog. Great choice of words Matt, I had to pull out the on-line dictionary: a couple of those words were real zingers.

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...