Sunday, August 11, 2002

The Curse of the Cub Fans - A Damned and Demented Life

Much has been said and written about these sad and misguided miscreants. What I have to say will probably not add any new chapter to this boringly long book of devestating tales and travesties. Enough with the adjetives, I've got a story to tell. The life of a Cubs fan is similar to people that were abused as children. A perpetual cycle takes place. People that were abused as children, become abusers as they have children of their own. I'm not a psychologist but I assume these type of people become so filled with rage and despair that they get revenge on their parents by taking it out on their own children. I, myself grew up in a Cub House.. Everyone in my family was a Cub fan. Something special happened with me though - I broke the cycle. Instead of growing up miserable, misguided, and confused - I became a hero. I dared to make a change, and I destroyed that viscious cycle. I am a Cardinals fan. I am a survivor, and I'm happy. This little story is testement to others who think they have nowhere to turn, who for 162 days out of the year feel nothing but shame and sickness. (Current score of the game of the week - Cardinals 9 Mets 00) What makes this story even my special is that my sister Lea also broke this cyle, When she met the love of her life Shane, she became a Cardinals fan.

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...