Saturday, July 27, 2002

I went out with Melissa and Brian last night. I actually called her "superficial". What was I thinking? Trying to fully form thoughts and opinions in the brain is often too difficult, so instead my mouth blurts out whatever it is thinking. Normally I am more restrained in my insulting of people. I just don't get it. I don't know if I feel sorry for her or what? What happens is that I recognize a certain vunerable side in the strangers I meet, and my heart goes out to them. I feel the need to take care of them or coddle their wounded (Or so I stupidly assume) psyche. That is when I make an ass out of myself. At that moment when I see a person as being defective, at that moment when I see a part of myself in the other person, I start treating them like a fucking baby.
I hate being a human being with limitations sometimes (not all the time. Our deficiancies make us who we are. We should celebrate our inadequacies.) It's when I feel stupid. It's when I feel weak. It's when I really really scared that I wish I could have godlike powers.

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...