Thursday, September 01, 2005

"It kind of makes your problems seem small in comparison," says lady about Hurricane Katrina.

No, it doesn't.

Kim has a paper due in two weeks on mulitcultural issues in counseling.

One of the questions in her book was "Does the culture of the person who is counseling you matter?" and "How would you be affected if the person counseling you was from a different culture?"

Please complete the following sentences:

If my counselor was caucasian, I would feel...
If my counselor was black, I would feel...
If my counselor was Navaho Indian, I would feel...
If my counselor was communist Chinese, I would feel...
If my counselor was a gay, black, communist Chinese, I would feel...

There is a joke in there somewhere.

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...