Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I'd like to start out by saying this is the new Nike ad and it is genius as usual.

Also, did you know Adidas is a German shoemaker? I had no idea.

Anyway, let's get to the point. This is kind of old news but did anyone else get a little creeped out by the adidas and reebok merger? apparently adidas is going to climb on top of reebok's shoulders and start making more expensive top of the line shoes in an attempt to take down Nike! Meanwhile reebok's job will be to go after the light aerobics womens crowd, and also try to move in on the suburban fifty cent kids. (I guess adidas is going after the urban crowd while adidas is going suburban?)

It's kind of ambitious that adidas is trying to take on Nike, but I just don't see the "A" shoe keeping up with the progressive, high money, high profile Nike team. Adidas has always relied on a bit of the wax notalgia for their image. I just don't want Adidas to get ugly. Otherwise I'm going to have to start wearing Vans again.

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...