Friday, October 04, 2002

I can't find any information on what happened during the IMF convention, besides for the protests. Why were they meeting, and what did they decide upon?

Is anyone offering suggestions on how to change the World Bank or IMF other then anarchy and boycotts. This is such a cluster fuck of an issue.

I also don't like the phrase, "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." It's shameless attempt at a guilt trip, and I'm not going for it. There's too many problems in the world today to make that type of assertion. Personally I'm not part of the problem, nor am I part of the solution. I'm trying to make up my mind on what to think about and how to react to the World Bank and IMF problems. It takes me longer to make up my mind then most people. I like to get a little more information.

I agree with Matt when he said not that many people would care about the policies of the IMF, minus the protests and marches in Seattle and now in DC.

I more cerebral, then active and vocal, and I get really turned off by protests and marches. I especially don't like call and response mantras, unless it has something to do with the death of Randy Johnson in game 4 of the NLDS Sunday afternoon at Bush Stadium - I got tickets!

However, I appluad those who took the time to shout about all the crap that the IMF has done to third world countries. (I would also like to applaud the CA Angels for just now pulling ahead of the NY Yanks in game three of the ALDS series. Score 9-6 Angels)

Anaheim Angels: "One Half the Payroll, Twice the Heart"

I'd love to see Cowboy Autry's Angels against King of Beers Auggie's Cardinals in the 02 World Series.

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...