Tuesday, August 27, 2002

I'd send you some links Matt, but I don't want to feel dirty. Sorry, don't know what else to say - except that I feel dirty right now just thinking about it.

I was up late last night having an "internet party" with Scott and Kevin. To take our minds off the fact that we were three guys all sitting around is a small room watching a computer screen, we downloaded the most sick and disgusting things we could think, which culminated with a Chinese chick repeatedly sticking half her arm down her throat and puking in a bowl for a minute and a half, and then taking a big gulp out of the bowl.

Scott and Kevin had to leave the room, and I heard some dry hacking, but I don't think either of them started blowing chunder. I also learned what is meant by "nerf herder" last night. (Just use your imagination... it's pretty simple really.)

Anyway, my point is that the internet is a filthy place.

Today is a big day in our apartment building because my neighbors are getting cable, and that means I' m getting cable too (one way or another.) Scott and I are going to slip his wife some sleeping pills around nine tonight, and then wer'e going to have an "ESPN PARTY."

It's been about 2 years since I've had cable, or had acess to a television on a regular basis, which means I've got almost years of catching up to do. I am going to need some help from my fellow beavers on what to watch. Please send me a list of your favorite shows, and what time they're on so that I can begin my viewing.

When I first moved to Bloomington I was pretty idealistic on how I would live. The only entertainment I brought with me were books, CD's and my word processor. I chose not have a phone, not to watch TV, nor have acess to the internet. I don't think I had a place to sit either, so what I had in mind was laying around on the floor, reading Gore Vidal and listening to Fugazi. I thought that type of lifestyle would help me to personify a state of character so high that anyone who knew my when I was 8 would never recognize me. Unfortunately I didn't spend too much time reading Vidal, but I did spend a lot time sitting in the bath drinking beer, with my ear to the wall spying on my neighbors.


Anyway, where is this story going? Nowhere. The point is I'm having an ESPN PARTY. That's tangible. That means something. ESPN is a 24 hour sports network. They take all the boring parts out of sports, and show all the good stuff. That reminds me: for every 3 hour baseball game, the ball in only actually in play for a few minutes - five at the most. Upon hearing that I thought people must be right when they say baseball is boring, and nothing ever happens. But then I thought again (which I often do) and wondered if baseball would be anymore interesting if someone hit a pop up and the ball stayed in the air for 13 minutes, or if it didn't take a split second for the ball to leave the pictures hand and then end up in the cathers mit. What if it took five seconds for the ball to get to the plate? What would people think of baseball then? I tell you what then... but I'll tell you what when later. Later.

No comments:

Castoreum

Animal scent markings are notorious for smelling terrible. But castoreum is different. It has a musky smell that some people describe as van...